Position: Operations Manager
Location: Hartford, CT
Reports to: Co-Executive Directors
Type: Full Time, hourly, non-exempt
Katal works to strengthen the people, policies, institutions, and movements that advance health, equity, and justice for everyone. We are focused on three big, inter-related goals:
- Ending mass criminalization, mass incarceration, and the war on drugs.
- Advancing evidence-based solutions to promote health and safety, eliminate unwarranted racial disparities, and secure equitable outcomes.
- Building leadership and organizing capacity of neighborhood residents, organizers, advocates, and groups to effectively drive and shape real change.
As a community organization and collaborative partner, we utilize organizing, advocacy, leadership development, and research to secure transformative and lasting change. More details about Katal can be found on our website: www.katalcenter.org.
The Operations Manager facilitates the organization’s core day-to-day operations functions and support and capacity to the Co-Executive Directors. The Manager must be adaptable, detail oriented, and organized. The Manager reports directly to the Co-Executive Directors. This is a full time position at approximately 30 hours a week.
- Manage core operations functions for the organization
- Manage day-to-day administrative operations of the organization’s office spaces in Hartford, Brooklyn, and Albany
- Provide support to each office
- Assist with planning and coordinating Katal events, meetings, presentations, and conferences
- Other related duties as needed, including some program related activities where needed
Supporting the Co-Executive Directors (15%)
- Support for Co-Executive Directors, including calendaring, scheduling, travel, etc.
- At least three years’ experience with administration– or equivalent
- Experience reviewing systems and/or procedures for efficiency
- At least two years of experience within fast paced environment
- Executive assistant experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong competency in computer programs like Microsoft Office, Google Suite,
- Experience with web based project management programs, such as Asana, and other app based administration and management software.
- Knowledge of healthcare, criminal justice, housing issues a plus
- Effective at setting performance goals
- Focuses on Implementing and maintaining systems
- Fully owns responsibilities
- Identifies and learns from mistakes
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues
- Communicates effectively, in person and online
- Prioritizes effectively
- Focuses on advancing and promoting values and vision of the organization
- You love the details and are extremely organized
- You enjoy the “behind the scenes” work of operations
- You can maintain balance in a fast-paced organization
- You are an active listener
- You take responsibility for your work
- You have a working analysis of racial justice and are willing to learn more
- You will help others understand the organization’s vision and values and their importance.
- You can manage complexity
What You Need to Know to Apply
The pay rate for the Operations Manager is $25/hour, plus benefits. Katal offers competitive benefits, including full health care coverage, dental and vision coverage, gym memberships, 401k, life insurance, and more. This position comes with multiple professional development opportunities.
Operations Manager reports to the Co-Executive Directors. There will be work on some nights and weekends. This position requires the staff person to work out of the Katal office in Hartford, CT. Travel to Albany and Brooklyn is part of the job.
To apply, please prepare the following application package:
- A one-page cover letter that answers these questions:
- Why do you want to join Katal?
- Why are you the right fit for the Operations Manager position?
- What will you bring to Katal to help strengthen the organization?
- Your résumé or CV
- Three references
Submit your application package by email to email@example.com with the subject line: "First Name Last Name – Operations Manager”
- Applications will be reviewed immediately.
- Only application packages received by email will be considered.
- We’ll contact you only if you’re under consideration, so please, don’t call to check on your submission.
Katal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply. We are particularly interested in hiring people who have been impacted by the system of mass incarceration and the war on drugs.